pREPPING YOUR ITEMS TO GET TOP DOLLAR
Let us help you make the most from your kiddos outgrown items!
Our Top Tagging & Pricing Tips
Start tagging your bigger/higher priced items first.
For online: Take pictures with good lighting & solid background.
Minimum price is $4. Bundle smaller items together. Keep bundles under $10.
How to price? Consider what YOU would pay for the same used items.
Prepping Your Items
Wash all clothing, bedding, cloth toys
Wipe down all toys
Remove dirt from shoes, etc.
Inspect all items for stains, rips, tears, damage
All electronics must be working & have batteries
- For online events:
- We do not accept any clothing that has stains, tears, broken zippers, rips, pilling, fading, etc.
- Clothing should NOT be on hangers. We prefer clothing in plastic bags (e.g. Ziplock bags, polybags) but this is not a requirement.
- $4 minimum price on clothing. You can bundle items together to create sets if desired.
- All seasons are acceptable.
- Affix product tags to the baggies that you put your clothing in or if you do not use plastic bags, affix the tag with a safety pin.
- We only accept kids and juniors clothing. No women’s or men’s clothing is accepted.
- We accept shoes for all seasons at all sales.
- All shoes must be cleaned top and bottom.
- Do not include shoes with too much wear and tear. Check wear on heels, toes & soles.
- We suggest attaching shoes together with zip ties, loop ties or at minimum a safety pin. Knotting their shoelaces together is also helpful but zip ties are the best!
- We accept all infant and kids shoe sizes. We accept boys shoe size up to a men’s size 13. We also accept women’s shoes.
- Toys that require batteries must have working batteries.
- If the toys have loose parts, secure these extra parts in a plastic bag and securely tape them to the main toy. If parts aren’t secured well enough, they will get lost and separated.
- Tape your product information tag securely to the toy so that it cannot be torn off easily.
- We suggest you put toys with multiple parts in clear plastic containers to help them stay together. (save your larger clear plastic pretzel containers or other food containers)
- We accept all books for children and adults.
- There is a minimum of $4 for all online items so bundle similar books to meet the minimum.
- Put book bundles in ziplock-type bags.
- Use scotch or painters tape to affix tags to prevent damage.
- It’s best to put linens in linen bags or other plastic bags to keep them clean.
- Instruction manuals are always helpful – include them when you can. Download them from the internet if you’ve lost them.
- Ensure everything is clean – trays, pads, bars, etc. – spit up and gunk get caught everywhere!
- If items have multiple pieces that might get separated (e.g. bouncy seats and their activity bars, the 7 pieces that come with your pack and play, cribs with 8 pieces), make sure that the product tag is on the main piece. Hand write additional tags with your consignor #, the description and mark them with 1 of 8, 2 of 8, 3 of 8, etc.
How to Prep Your Items
We've included tons of videos here on our site to help! Prep your items, use our software to create your TAGS and then drop off at our locations!