Consign with Us & Make 65-70%
Now there is a great way to recycle your outgrown children's items and earn money for them!
Why sell your items at LA Kids Consignment?
- Earn more money than selling at consignment shops
- Sell your items quickly
- Safer than having strangers show up at your house to buy individual items
- Less hassle than listing/selling/shipping items on ebay
- Earn 65-70% of sales
- Sell multiple items easily - up to 300 items per event!
- You do not have to be present at the sale to sell your items. You tag them at home, drop them off to us, and we do the rest!
What can you sell?
We take almost all types of products for infants through pre-teens. Each consignor must have at least 30 items and at most 300 items.
- Clothing and shoes (sizes newborn through Juniors)
- Spring Sale - only Spring/Summer clothing allowed (long pants allowed but no cords, fleece or wool)
- Fall Sale - only Fall/Winter clothing allowed (short sleeves are allowed)
- The Torrance and Pasadena-area sales are all-season sales - spring, summer, fall and winter items are accepted.
- Limit of 40 total clothing items in the 0-12 month sizes.
- Toys, games and puzzles
- Indoor and outdoor play equipment and ride-ons
- Nursery/Baby items (monitors, diaper pails, diaper bags, bathtubs, etc.)
- Baby Equipment (high chairs, swings, strollers, bouncy chairs, exersaucers, etc.)
- Linens - crib linens and children's linens
- Furniture - cribs, rocking chairs, changing tables, dressers, beds, etc.
- Books, DVDs (we accept DVDs for kids and for parents), Music
- Maternity Clothing (only 10 items per consignor accepted)
- Seasonal Items - Halloween costumes (only at the Fall sale), Easter outfits, etc.
- Women's purses - we now take up women's purses!
- Items that are not accepted: Car seats (including infant, toddler and boosters), breast pumps, cribs manufactured before June 2011, and VHS tapes are NOT accepted. Stuffed animals are only accepted at our San Fernando Valley location.
How much can you earn?
All consignors earn 65% of their items that sell.
By volunteering for one 3-hour volunteer shift, consignors earn 70% of their sales and get to shop earlier at the pre-sale. You can read more about volunteering on the Volunteering page.
What happens to my unsold items?
Consignors may take back any of their items that do not sell. If you do not want to take back your items, LA Kids Consignment will donate all or some of your unsold items to charity.
Pick up of unsold items is typically the day after the sale ends. At most sales you find your own unsold items at the end of each sale.
How do I become a consignor?
In order to consign, you need to register. You can do that on the Consignor Registration page of this website.
Once you have paid your registration fee, you will receive instructions on how to get your Consignor number and all the information you need to begin tagging your items.
Why is there a registration fee?
Your registration fee helps cover the cost of the location rental, advertising, insurance, display racks, supplies, etc.
How do I tag my items?
Once you have registered and received your Consignor #, you can begin tagging your items. You will receive detailed information upon registration telling you how to tag, hang, tape, etc. your items before bringing them to the sale. Here are the top highlights:
- All clothing must be washed and hung on wire hangers and sorted by size and gender before coming to the sale.
- All toys requiring batteries must have batteries (we will check them at your drop-off appointment.)
- Any items that plug in will be checked at drop-off.
- Each item must have a product information tag attached to it. Once registered, you will enter your items into the computer and print out bar-coded tags on 67lb paper at home.
LA Kids Consignment wants to ensure that all the products at the sale are clean and in working order. Therefore, we have detailed instructions on how to prepare your items. Before you decide to consign, we highly recommend you read more about tagging so you are familiar with the process. CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILED TAGGING INSTRUCTIONS.
Who sets the prices?
Each consignor chooses how they want to price their items. We recommend pricing your items 30-50% of original retail. That being said, the lower you price your items, the better they will sell. You should think about what you would pay for the items if you were buying them. We do have a Pricing Guideline - you may choose to follow this guideline or not - please do what is most comfortable for you.
At the sale, there is no negotiating the prices - the price on your tag is what it will be sold for. However, the last day of the sale is the 50% off sale day. It is up to you as the consignor to decide if you would like your items to be discounted on that day. When making your product tags online, you may choose which, if any, items you would like to be discounted. Discount days are big shopping days at the sale so we do recommend that you discount your items.
When do I bring my items to the sale?
Upon registering, you will also be sent instructions on how to sign up for a drop-off appointment to bring your items to the sale. Drop-off is typically the 2-3 days before the sale starts. Drop-off should take you about 30 minutes to one hour. We will inspect all the items you bring to make sure there aren't any stains, rips, tears, and that all items are working.
What other consignor benefits are there?
As a consignor, you get to shop the private pre-sale!!!! The pre-sale is the day before the public sale - so you get first pick of the merchandise!
All consignors get to come to the pre-sale, however, if you volunteer, you get into the pre-sale even earlier! (This is in addition to getting an extra 5% of your sales!)
What happens to unsold items?
You may pick up your items after the sale is ended (times vary per location but are typically evening after the sale ends and/or the day after the sale ends). If you do not want to or are not able to pick up your items on the designated times, your items will be donated for you. You must decide to donate or not to donate each item when making your product tags online. LA Kids Consignment donates thousands of items to multiple charities at the end of the sale.
When do I get paid???
Through the awesome online tagging program, you will be able to see which of your items sold each night after the sale is over. Consignor checks are mailed to you within 2 weeks after the sale.